01 August, 2014

Recent Reads (7)

I read some fantastic books this month and I'm going to be reading even more. August is the Strange Chemistry read-a-thon. Strange Chemistry was a wonderful YA imprint of Angry Robot and they were recently shut down. It's really a shame so some of us are getting together to read books from this imprint. 

Half a King by Joe Abercrombie- This was an amazing fantasy. It was dark and gritty and everything I love in a book. I am so excited to revisit this world.

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen- This was actually my first Sarah Dessen book but it will not be my last. This was a tough subject and it was intense, but I thought it was done well. 

Dear Daughter by Elizabeth Little- This was such a fun book to read. Great mystery and an entertaining main character. 

The Fire Wish by Amber Lough- A diverse fantasy, and even though it had some problems I really got swept up in the story. Breathtaking. 

The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman- This is the third book in a trilogy, and The Magicians trilogy is one I highly recommend. I could go on and on about how much I love it. It's not for everyone and I can understand why some people don't like it, but these books are special to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment