31 December, 2015

A Look At 2015

I've been dreading this post for months. And have been stressing about it. There isn't much that doesn't stress me out these days, so that's nothing new. The problem is that I have so much to say, but everything still makes me angry and frustrated, so do I really want to start getting into those things here? The answer is no. Perhaps I'll take hubby's suggestion and write a blog post for myself at some point.

The year started going badly for me before my father was hospitalized. Then he died (July 6th). And I kind of lost myself. And the year was shit outside of my own life too. WTF is going on with the world?

Let's forget about that, and like last year, talk about some of the good things that happened this year.

- The rodeo. That will never not be a good thing.

- I got to meet Judy Blume, Felicia Day, and Sally Mann.

- Shania Twain concert. Man can she put on a show.

- Like last year, this one is sad, but something I'd like to mention. This year it was Leonard Nimoy who died. I wasn't affected by his death the same way I was with Robin Williams. I didn't grow up with Star Trek. I love it now, though. Still, Spock is an important character, and Leonard Nimoy was a good man. The local theater showed Star Trek 2, 3, and 4. It was nice to be in a theater full of people who booed at the mention of Into Darkness (which was only mentioned because of it's terribleness in relation to The Wrath of Khan). Also, I don't think there was a single person who didn't cry at the end of The Wrath of Khan.

- New album from Seth MacFarlane. Also Ted 2. And did you see him on the Sinatra 100 special? Speaking of which, did you see Carrie Underwood on that? And her new album might be her best yet.

- I almost forgot. I published two short stories this year. The beginning of this year doesn't feel like this year at all.

- Which is why I also almost forgot to mention visiting the Harry Potter parks, and the Dali Museum. The museum was super fun because there was an exhibit with Picasso paintings. Comparing the two of them was really interesting. Dali is still definitely my favorite.

- Hubby and I get to start 2016 debt free. And I owed over 100,000 in student loans. This is both a good and bad thing. I don't know how people fight over money/possessions of deceased loved ones. It makes me sick to my stomach when I really think about how we're debt free. Also, hubby is a good man.

- Knitting and yarn. The only things that kept me from drowning.

I'm sure there are things I forgot. There are definitely things I'm not talking about. But I didn't really want to write this blog post in the first place. At least I wrote something.

My blog post last year was hopeful for 2015. I don't have that in me this year. So where does that leave me?


No comments:

Post a Comment