01 March, 2014

Recent Reads (2)

February was a bit of a book slump for me. I only read two books in the month of February, plus one today. In my defense, I fell down the Harry/Draco hole again. Always a nice hole to fall into. I swear that sometimes Harry/Draco fanfic is a lifesaver.

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge- I thoroughly enjoyed the first seventy-five percent (possibly more) of the book. Then a big plot changing thing happened and I felt kind of meh towards the book. I liked Nyx and I adored and loved Ignifex. Dark and flawed characters are so my thing. So even though the ending was a bit weird, I really enjoyed the book.

One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak- Now this was an entertaining bunch of stories. There were a few stories that stood out among all the others, but there was only a very small number of stories that I didn't enjoy. Also, I get to meet him in a couple of weeks! Super excited about that.

Season of the Wolf by Robin Summers- Lesbian mystery romance. What's not to love? Enjoyable characters and a good mystery. Definitely something I would recommend to someone who is looking for a good lesbian romance, even though it is a bit more heavy on the mystery than on the romance. But the romance part is still good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment