01 February, 2014

Recent Reads (1)

I read a lot, and rather than posting every time I finish a good book, I thought I would make one post on the first of every month and talk about some of my recent reads.

Vitro by Jessica Khoury- The thing I love about reading books by Jessica is her settings. She finds exotic places and describes them so wonderfully. They are easy to picture and it feels like you're there. As long as she keeps doing that, I will keep reading her books. For me, this is enough to read her books, though the premise was intriguing, and it kept me entertained.

Brute by Kim Fielding- OMG this book. The romance is sweet. The characters are sweet. It's a happy feel good book. If you're feeling blue, this is the book to pick up to make you smile and to just make you feel good.

The Hundred Thousand by N.K. Jemisin- I love the writing style of this story. It's like the MC was telling us the story, interrupting herself because she forgot details or forgot that we didn't know something yet. It's not a writing style that everyone would enjoy. The characters in this book are wonderful, and the story had twists that I never saw coming. An enjoyable read.

I just started reading my first manga.It's called Vassalord and it's about a vampire robot. I'm not very far into it yet, but I'm really enjoying it. The two main guys are so adorable, and I love their relationship.

I also just started reading a serial called The Flesh Cartel. It is dark and disturbing and twisted. I love it. It's not for the faint of heart. It's not for anyone who can't read rape or sexual torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment