02 January, 2015

Recent Reads (10)

I've decided to post this every other month now because I'm reading less. I'm okay with that. I'm in a bit of a reading slump but beyond that I'm focusing on adding other things into my life. I'll still be reading but it will probably be a lot less this year. So here are some of the books I enjoyed in November and December.

Poisoned Apples: Poems for You, My Pretty by Christine Heppermann- Twists on common fairy tales to include modern problems. Modern female issues. Clever and beautiful.

Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine- Phantom of the Opera retelling and it is fantastic.

Kalahari by Jessica Khoury - One thing Jessica Khoury does well is describing her settings and making the reader feel as though they are there and experiencing everything for themselves. Set in a semi desert climate, the atmosphere and the mystery will keep you sucked in until the very end. I do hope this won't be her last Corpus book. I do love these.


No comments:

Post a Comment