01 April, 2016

A Look At March

March. March is all about the rodeo for me. I'm actually surprised I managed to get as much writing done as I did.

Anyway. I've made some nice progress on my Wesley/Riker fics. I wrote 11,418 words this month. As much as I would love to finish the first draft of Forbidden Love this year I don't think that's going to happen. I'd have to write a hell of a lot more than I have been. And we're moving in May so this April and May aren't going to be very productive.

I only finished one knitting project. It was a Broncos scarf for hubby. I have some really awesome knitting projects going though.

I did finish that het historical romance I started in February. I tried some other reading but it just wasn't happening. That evil book in January really messed me up.

On the night of the rodeo finals (I still can't believe I had to miss the finals) we went to Star Trek the Ultimate Voyage. An orchestra played various Star Trek music and clips from various Star Treks played in the background. It was really good and I'm glad we went but I'm still upset about the finals.

The rodeo is fifteen nights long. We went eleven of those nights. We're shooting for all fifteen next year. It was amazing this year. We saw some of the fastest times we've ever seen. We saw some awesome rides. We saw some crazy animals. Hubby and I are convinced that the steers and calves got into the green beer on St. Patrick's Day. The horse of one of the pickup men was kicked by another horse and then the pickup man fell off.

Speaking of pickup men, I'm pretty sure the audience doesn't appreciate them the way they should. The pickup men are the guys that get the cowboys off of the bucking horses. Um, also, as a queer romance writer, this is a lot of fun to watch. Still, they are super important and they deserve more love. I have a picture of them. Not a good one. We didn't have the camera the one night we were moved down to box seats. Oh well. I also don't have good actions shots because we just don't have the equipment for it.

And then there are the bullfighters. I've always had a nice appreciation for the bullfighters. But the guys this year. Two of them were here last year. One of them was new. The new guy danced with the bulls. His moves were smooth. He made it look easy. He made it look like nothing. So these guys do freestyle bullfighting and they are amazing at it. But like above with the pickup men, I love the saving of lives that the bullfighters do. They do some amazing things to keep the bull from stomping all over the cowboy. And sometimes they do everything they can and the cowboy still gets hurt. Anyway. These three guys. Wow.

Hubby and I also did a behind the chutes tour. That was interesting. And fun. We also saw Smokey Robinson one night. And now I've spent this entire blog post talking about the rodeo so I'll just leave you with some pictures now.


Hubby's scarf modeled by Molly.

Smokey Robinson.

Longhorn.

Behind the chutes.

Pickup Men. And the rodeo clown that I can't stand. He's just awful.

The bullfighters.

Star Trek the Ultimate Voyage. 





No comments:

Post a Comment