01 May, 2015

Recent Reads (12)

So I've actually read four books since my last post. Still not reading much, but that's okay. I'm only going to bring up two of these books here though.

First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones- I guess I don't actually have much to say about this book except that it was a very entertaining read and I have already started on the second book. It's just slow going.

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins- The thing about this book is that I keep seeing it compared to Gone Girl. I wasn't a huge fan of Gone Girl. I was even less of a fan of this book. The thing Gone Girl had going for it was Amy. Amy might just be in my top ten favorite characters. If not, she's close. She was so wonderfully twisted and I adore characters like that. The characters in this book were not so great. The three women in this book felt like a bad episode of Gossip Girl. And the character that was the bad person...it just felt so normal. Maybe that's why I didn't actually guess who it was. Give me something more interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment