04 August, 2016

A Look At July

Only a little late this month!

I feel like I've been slowing up a bit on my reading but I'm not worried about it. I'm still reading and that's all that matters. I think I'm even ready to read books that have less than perfect endings. I still hate that one evil book from January, but I feel like I'm in a better place. At least for this. I'm still in a bad place. It's just a different bad place.

I started writing again too. Not much and still only fanfic. The original stuff still doesn't seem to want to be written. The fanfic hasn't exactly been easy either and I'm not sure why. I want to write. I want to go to the RWA conference next summer.

The first anniversary of Dad's passing wasn't what I thought it would be. I have done my grieving, it seems. Not that I don't miss him or anything, but any sadness over my father happens out of the blue or because of certain events (like buying our first house). And I'm okay with that. I won't force a remembrance of him every year on his birthday or the anniversary of his passing.

This gives me some hope for the holidays this year. We'll have to see how that goes.

I've been doing a lot of knitting still. In fact, my goal for August is to not start any new projects and to finish as many WIPs as possible.

I'm still trying to unpack all of my books. Why are there so many books? And no, I've still not adjusted to the house.

I've been watching Downton Abbey. That's been an interesting experience. Quite addicting too.

My life is really not interesting enough for these monthly blog posts. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment